Carolina Community Health Partnership has 12 RN Care Managers who work with 28 primary care provider offices in both Cleveland and Rutherford Counties. RN Care Managers work with patients, primary care providers, and community partners functioning as liaison and resource.
RN care managers help patients by helping them understand how to use their Medicaid medical benefits in a way that will ensure they receive quality, cost-effective medical care as well as other related services. Care managers can help eliminate barriers that may get in the way accessing medical care and services needed by working with primary care providers and other community agencies. Care managers help patients understand their medical plan of care and provide disease management education as well as helping patients understand proper use of medication. They can help coordinate other services as well.
RN care managers help providers by working with their patients to help them understand their plan of care, medication use, and self management of their diseases. Care managers will assist in coordination of patient care.
Care managers also assist PCP office staffs by helping them implement Community Care of NC Disease Management Initiatives in offices by:
- • Educating office staff and providers on new disease management initiatives
- • Helping offices develop processes for disease management to assure optimal patient outcomes
- • Educating offices on how to refer to care managers
- • Supporting the integration of behavioral health into primary care
- • Assisting with interpretation of annual quality improvement audit results
Care Managers work with community partners in coordination of patient care and by accepting referrals.
To contact your care manager, call 980-484-5152.