Your Medical Home
The Right Call Every Time
To help you utilize your health care benefits provided by Medicaid in a way that will ensure that you receive quality, cost-effective medical care as well as other needed services, Medicaid has provided you with a Medical Home of your choice when you enroll. Medicaid provides you with a Medical Home, through which you have access to a Medical Care Team that includes your medical primary care provider (PCP), your RN Care Manager, and You
Your Medical Home is your “home base” for all your medical care, where you and your doctor share respect and trust. Your primary care provider will coordinate all your medical care needs:
- You can be seen for routine non-emergent medical care checkups, immunizations or minor injuries or urgent sick care like colds, sore throats, fevers, skin rashes
- They are able to manage your complex medical problems like asthma, diabetes, COPD, heart failure
- They will provide medication management and education
- They will refer you to specialists when needed
- They will refer you to care management for additional help when needed
You can call your medical providers 24 hours/day, 7 days a week for medical advice.
For life threatening emergencies – always call 911 or go to the emergency room.